Thursday, October 13, 2011

10 Years Late

Since having Madeline I have been watching "A Baby Story" pretty much every day.  There is a pampers commercial that pretty much sums it up for me.  It says whether she is 3 months early or 10 years late.  10 years late - that is Maddie Cakes.  We had tried for years to get pregnant after Wyatt and Garrett.  We had 3 miscarriages and pretty much gave up any hope of having any more children.  In fact I had just gotten to a place in my life where I was satisfied with our family and didn't really want any more kids.  God had a different plan for us - Madleine!  I think back to Christmas Day 2010 - we are opening presents when the thought crossed my mind that wait a minute shouldn't I have my period?  Well, being the neurotic person that I am as soon as we were done opening presents I headed to Walmart to buy a pregnancy test.  Walmart was closed!!!!  Thankfully CVS was open and I was able to get one (or one with 3 tests in it).  As soon as I got home I took the test and to my utter amazement it came back POSITIVE!  I was in shock!  Of course I took the other 2 tests because I was sure that it was going to be a different outcome...haha!  So Madeline is our "10 Year Late"  Baby or as I tell her pretty much every day she is our "Miracle Baby".

No comments:

Post a Comment